As I was thinking about my long list of topics that I want to blog about, nothing jumped out at me this morning. I then remembered browsing through a different blog, Ordinary Adventures, and how I enjoyed reading a little bit about who was writing all of those fun blog posts. So here I will share some random things about myself so you can get to know the blogger of Learn This Life a little better.
- The number one most important thing in my life is my faith. I am a sinner, like all of us on this earth, that deserves eternal death. But God, in His mercy and love, saved me. I am a born-again believer and don’t deserve Jesus’ forgiveness, but am so thankful to have received it.
- I am married to my best friend! His name is Jonathan Grisanti. He is 6’3″ and very handsome. We are super silly together and have a blast doing nothing together.
- I have an awesome family. I have three older brothers and a younger sister. I now have a sister-in-law, a nephew, a niece or nephew on the way, and a soon-to-be sister-in-law. On top of that, after marrying Jon, I now have five more brothers and two more sisters and a soon-to-be sister-in-law-law? Not sure how to phrase that, but she is awesome! Also, all my cousins and grandparents live in the same area that I grew up in. We now live in AZ, but CA is where all of our family is.
- I am creative, but untalented. I love all the DIY crafts on Pinterest, but don’t quite have the eye or patience for detail. So when I do get around to doing a craft, it often turns out mediocre, although the process was fun. This is why blogging has turned out to be a wonderful creative outlet! I can express myself, but it is digital, so I am not relying on my unsteady hand for perfection.
- I majored in Biblical Counseling at a very small Christian college (which is where I met my husband). I am very interested in pursuing this more, once my husband is done with school.
- I am also very passionate about adoption and everything surrounding it. I have discovered this passion through my parents, as my younger sister is adopted, we have done foster care, worked with orphans, and many other things relating to that. I have been so encouraged to see ways that people can help with adoption, without adopting themselves. I do think that more people should adopt, but understand that not everyone can. But I love how everyone can jump in and serve in so many different ways related to adoption.
- I just got a new job! Although I have a lot of experience in the Real Estate and Property Management world, (we have a family business in this and I have been working at a company that does both of these for a little over a year now), it is not my passion. I am now going to work as the administrative assistant and the pastors’ assistant at my church!
- I also just started as an Independent Consultant for Usborne Books and More! I have only been doing it for about a week, and am continually becoming more and more obsessed. They have an amazing selection of books, ranging from books for infants to young adult. Also, I am hoping that this will be a fun and flexible way to make some extra income and get free gifts for people in my life.
- My favorite color is purple…there are a few shades I do not like, but if you think lavender, you are right on track.
- I love to read! I don’t read all the time, but really enjoy when I find a good book or series. I have quite a few on my list right now, but my new love for blogging has slowed me down. Check out some books I love on my Pinterest on this board and this board!
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about the blogger!